Surgical Procedure Overview
A consultation with your physician will be conducted prior to scheduling your procedure. During your office visit it is important that you inform your surgeon about any current and past medical conditions and any medications you take. We encourage you to ask as many questions about your procedure so that you are fully informed. After your consultation you will be given instructions and told what is needed prior to your procedure. Your surgeon may request that you have lab work and other standard pre-procedure testing done. Procedure will then be scheduled.
After your consult and when you have been scheduled for your procedure a scheduler from SurgCenter of Westover Hills will contact you to verify benefits and review the financial aspect.
Pre-Admission Interview Process
After your procedure has been verified you will be contacted by a nurse one day prior to your procedure to conduct a pre-admission interview over the phone. During this interview you will be asked about your health history, medications that you currently take, any known drug or food allergies, surgical history, and other miscellaneous questions that are important. The nurse will also review basic preoperative instructions and inform you of when to arrive at the center the day of your procedure.
The following is a list of standard pre-operative instructions:
- Nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night prior to the procedure.
- Stop any anti-inflammatory medications or any blood thinning medications 5-7 days before your surgery unless otherwise instructed.
- Please have an adult who can drive you home after your procedure.
- Bring a list of medications that include dosage and when they are to be taken.
- If you have sleep apnea and use a cpap/bipap machine at home, please bring it with you.
If you have any questions regarding your procedure, please contact SurgCenter of Westover Hills Monday – Friday, 6 am to 6 pm at (210) 267-1589.